Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas thoughts part 2...

Is anyone else bothered by the story of the Little Drummer boy? It has perplexed me for years and honestly I have gotten a little cynical about it as it is not one of my favorite Christmas songs and I have yet to find where it is found in the scriptures. The only thing I can gather about it is that the boy played his drum for Jesus since he had nothing else to offer him. The modern day application (which is a stretch) comes I suppose in that we are to offer Jesus what we can. Funny thing is, it is making its way into manger scenes around the world...when my wife opened the additions to her Jim Shore manger there was a drummer boy in it. I appreciate the challenge, but I think it is getting stretched just a wee bit.

Here is all I could find on the little drummer boy and the story behind it. Anyone know more? Anyone else a little perplexed by it and frustrated that it has made its way into the manger stories today?

Here is the link... http://www.answers.com/topic/little-drummer-boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about loss weight diet