Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weekly Idol Rant...

It's time for the weekly idol rant since we're down to the final 12-or at least the almost weekly idol rant...Not bad on the performances last night. I am not a huge fan of the Beatles, but it was cool to hear some of the retakes on the classic songs last night.

  • Best performance as far as I am concerned goes to Chikezie, I wasn't a huge fan before last night and I am still not sold on him as this year's idol, but he was AWESOME last night.
  • Worst performance (not necessarily vocally though) goes to Kristy Lee Cook, I think she'll go home tonight, but I've been wrong before.

My favorites this year are Amanda Overmeyer (I know the hair is wild and the yelling is rough, but i kind of like that Janis Joplin, Heart, female rocker vibe that she has but she won't last) and David Cook, but I am a rock fan.

It will surprise me if David Archuleto doesn't win, and he has a great voice, but I have a problem with him being able to be in the competition since he already won Star Search as a kid. See my rant from before for my thoughts about that whole deal.

So there ya go, the "almost" weekly idol rant for week 1

1 comment:

Kendra said...

While I don't think there is a chance that he'll go home, I thought that David Archuletto was the worse performance of the night. He butchered the song. I felt badly for him. I'm expecting David Hernandez to go home or maybe Kristy Lee Cook, though I kind of like her. She isn't quite up to par with the rest of them. I still think she deserves a week longer than David H. I agree with you that Chikezie rocked last night. If he keeps on top of the game like he did last night, he could win me over, but not yet, as you said. Anyone can have one great performance. I love Idol season. ;)