Monday, March 17, 2008

Movie Review-Horton Hears A Who

As far as I am concerned, it's a rental, wait for DVD unless you are just looking for a chance to get out as a family. While I am a big fan of Dr. Seuss, and have enjoyed the Horton stories in book form, the movie just wasn't memorable. Maybe I was just a little too anxious, but it just seemed to drag on and the story was just OK. I found myself looking at my watch several times and not laughing nearly as much as I would have liked. There are some great teachable moments though as it relates to commitment and willingness to help however possible, but it just didn't win me over like I thought it was. I give it a youth ministry C for teachable moments, but a D overall for the movie itself. Grade D

Of course I don't have kids either so maybe it's different for parents, thoughts?

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Thanks for this review. Our kids have seen the trailor for this movie and really want to see it. They've seen the original cartoon version that was included on the original Grinch DVD at Christmas, and we've read the book, of course. The story has many teachable moments, but we are hesitant because of who stars in this movie(we won't let our kids see the Jim Carey version of the Grinch). I was planning to check Focus on the Family to see what they have to say too. I appreciate your opinion Matt. Thanks for sharing!