Saturday, November 03, 2007

Movie Review-Bee Movie

So Meg and I had the chance to go catch a movie tonight for the first time since I started working at the radio station, so we decided on the new Jerry Seinfeld movie "Bee Movie." Since I haven't done a review for awhile, I thought I would throw in my two cents...

Honestly I would have to give it a "bee minus." It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that great as far as I was concerned. There were some pretty good puns and some adult humor, but some of the subtle messages about relationships were a little too disturbing, but maybe I was just reading a little too much into it who knows? Not to mention the fact that there seemed to be a little bit of the "love the earth, everything is a part of the greater planet" mentality-again I may be reading too much into it though.

Overall the story wasn't bad, it's about a young bee who gets out of the hive and experiences the real world. I won't say more so as not to spoil the plot, but basically the whole story revolves around his experience and what he learns about the outside world.

There were some decent messages mixed throughout that I think are good to note. And these could possibly be used for illustrations, the biggest being that everyone has something to offer to make a difference, not matter how big or small. I did like that aspect.

Again-not a bad movie overall, but I would say save your money and catch it on DVD when it comes out. Grade B-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt...some friends of ours invited us to take our kids to see this movie next weekend with them while we're in NY. We checked out the reviews on-line, and while many of them agree that it isn't great, we didn't find anything that swayed us one way or the other as far as letting our kids see it. What do you think? Is it appropriate? We are not naive enough to think that anything animated is acceptable for our kids like it was when we were kids. Also...I'm glad to see you blogging this weekend. I'm missing your more regular posts!

Matt said...

I didn't see anything that I thought would be questionable, but again I am watching it through the eyes of someone who only has dogs. I think it would be okay, just don't hate me if I'm wrong, I have been before. I think it would be fine though

Anonymous said...

So..you think it would be okay for your dogs to see it? ;)

Matt said...

dogs and kids should be fine...lol