Thursday, June 21, 2007

Movie Review-Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I'm not going to to lie. I liked it. Again though, I am a comic book junkie who grew up reading Marvel. While the FF have never been my favorite super family I felt like they did a good job with the treatment of the storyline of the books. It sticks to the "dysfunctionality" of the team just like the original comics . It also brings the enigmatic character of the surfer to life which of course is a key part of the FF story lines. I will have to admit though, I was disspointed to see Galactus brought to life as nothing more than a big cloud. Of course we also saw the return of Dr Doom since you can't have a good FF storyline without the Latverian villain.

With all that said, here is what I think. It was definitely better than the first, not as bad as Daredevil, and just a bit better than Ghost Rider. The storyline was decent and although it is a bit campy at times, remember it is a movie about comic book characters. It's not an award winner by any means and truth be told Jessica Alba doesn't look good with a blond wig and blue contacts (okay so she still looks good but it just doesn't work for her). All in all though, not too bad. Grade B-

Thoughts?

No comments: