Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Better than I deserve...

"Better than I deserve" is a phrase I have gotten used to hearing on an almost daily basis as I listen to the "Dave Ramsey Show." If you aren't familiar with Dave Ramsey, I would encourage you to become familiar with him, as his ministry has been life changing for Megan and I.

In January we started "Financial Peace University" which is a 13 week study on personal finance that is offered through his ministry. I cannot tell you how much this program changed our life. The whole premise of the program is to help you begin to better understand your personal finances, live by a budget, and get out of debt as quickly as possible. Megan and I since January have paid off almost three thousand dollars in debt, have built up a "baby emergency fund" (no not that kind of baby yet) of 1000 in savings and should be debt free by December of next year...all because we began to live by a cash budget system.

I don't know where you stand financially, but I can tell you that this class and this ministry is a blessing! If you want more information, check out www.daveramsey.com and see what is offered. You can also check out the principles of good living in his book "The Total Money Makeover". Check it out, I promise you won't regret it.

Thoughts?

No comments: