Thursday, May 24, 2007

Final Idol rant...

Well it is over again until January-whatever will I do? I'll survive trust me! Here are my thoughts about the finale...
I would have rather seen Blake win but obviously Jordin was the better singer...I have still been blown away though by Blake's beat boxing and I am still a little bitter than Sundance didn't make the final cut, but life goes on. By the way does anyone no if the Scott Krippayne that wrote "This is my now" is the Scott Krippayne of Christian music? Just curious.
The performances last night were great, I enjoyed the mix and match of old and new with the guys/Smokey and girls/Gladys, but could have done without Gwen Stefani again. I found myself fast forwarding through most of the performances that I didn't like and it was kind of cool to see BeBe and CeCe together again and finally know who Melinda sang back up for...btw I still think she should have won! I also could have done without the Beatles montage. Has anyone ever been to the Idols live tour? Is that kind of stuff what they do during the concert? Finally of course it was cool to see Taylor sing again-I know most people don't like him, but I just think he's kind of old school Doobie brothers and I like it!
Overall, not bad...pretty good, could have been better if they would have cut out some of the fluff. You know I wonder how much the people they make fun of get paid if anything? It was cool to see some of the memorable ones "win" prizes last night, but nothing beat last years performance with the Clay Aiken wannabe that was "surprised" when Clay (with really bad hair) joined him on stage.
Well Idol is over so I guess I'll have to find something else to rant about...like cancelled shows that left me hanging-but that's for another blog!
Thoughts?

No comments: