Monday, December 19, 2005

So what this passage really says is...

Okay, those of you who had any religion classes at IWU can appreciate this. I am trying to finish an exegesis paper for Dr. Lennox in my latest master's class. I have never been that good at these things, and am really nervous about this one since it is for a 500 level class. Hopefully he will be full of grace this Christmas season. What is an exegesis paper you ask? Well it is basically where you dissect a passage of Scripture to get the real meaning behind it (or how you interpret it) and then how it applies to your life and what it says about God's character. Hopefully I'll do okay on this one, it is on 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 which is a real winner of a passage when it comes to exegeting. Well, I'll do my best and then it is off the the big OH for a few days of winter fun and family. I'll try and post while I'm there, but just in case, Merry Christmas, and we'll see you soon!

-the mattster

3 comments:

Feltzy said...

I ALWAYS struggled mightily in Lennox's classes. My biggest problem was that, as an undergrad, I could never see how any of that work that I was doing applied to ANYTHING that I would be doing down the road. Find the purpose and application in what you are studying and you will do fine!
Keep in mind that they GOAL of pursuing your Masters with energy and passion and FINISHING with some sort of sanity is the most important thing. Throw in a little knowledge for the cherry on top!

Matt said...

that'ts what I am shooting to do if at all possible...it's the sanity part that I'm worried about, of course that has always been the case. To add to that, i still struggle with how that is helpful to me in my ministry since I rarely do that kind of breakdown for a youth lesson. Great to hear from you my brother!

DAKOTARANGER said...

And you wondered I why I didn't go into Christian Ministries. Merry Christmas and Happy Hannikah-Craig And yes I am celebrating both