Friday, February 22, 2008

We Made it!

We made it in okay...at 1:30 local time. Lots of rain most of the trip, and then that nasty stuff...a mix of rain and snow that made the last 100 miles or so miserable...my knuckles are still white, but I guess I better get used to it since I'll be back up here permanently in a month.

I am looking for several things this weekend...
  • first an foremost to be refreshed...working two jobs has been tough, I need a break and to be refilled. I am excited about the chance to reconnect with the Lord on a deeper level.
  • I am looking forward to laughing and having a great time with thousands of other youth pastors...and chasing Josh around to see just how much free stuff I can get (but I won't be a stalker I promise)
  • I am excited about seeing my junior high sponsor get even MORE excited about working with kids that find great joy in farting, belching, and super-wedgies.
  • I am excited about one thing in particular, it's not super spiritual, but eating it can be an experience in itself...and the hours afterwards, well we'll let that speak for itself (in many ways)...that one thing is.....SKYLINE CHILI!
  • and finally I am excited about being in the hometown of the soon to be world champion Cincinnati Reds, and Super Bowl XLIII champs Cincinnati Bengals-well that probably won't happen, but I can dream right? Eventually it WILL happen...I HOPE.

Here's to a great weekend, I am praying for all of you who are attending, and those who are back home (in Jackson and Pensacola)

-Matt

No comments: