Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The battle at two years...

Welcome to 2008! As I sit here through a day of playing the Wii, watching college football, and a STREAM of shows about obesity and weight loss (a marathon of season 2 of TBL and TLC had several shows about morbidly obese people) laden with a ridiculous amount of advertisements for weight loss specials/gyms I realize that 2007 was a tough year. I start 2008 at 340, only 2 pounds lighter than last year. I wasn't nearly as motivated this last year as I was in 06 and it shows. I could give all kinds of excuses as to why I didn't lose, but basically I wasn't dedicated. So I'm not making any real resolutions this year. I am going to try something different...I will use all of the resources around me and keep SMALL goals instead of making outlandish hopes for the year. If I start small and achieve those small goals maybe I can get further this year. And I'll be honest...the Wii does help! Playing even for a half hour a day helps, it really gets my heart up. I don't know what this year holds, but here's to another year of battling on...anyone wanna join me?

2 comments:

Tim Lynch said...

I just read your blog and I am there with you man. I am a student pastor, and I currently weight 325. I am trying to loose weight this coming year as well. If there is anything I can do to help, I am here to encourage you. We can do this, because its only going to be good in the long run as ministers of the gospel. Check me out sometime on my blog..which is www.confessionsofastudentpastor.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You can do it! : ) Don't overwhelm yourself with the big picture ... any time that I thought of how much I had to lose I just got depressed, so I always just focused on the next five pounds. Small, easily attainable goals! : ) Much less intimidating.