Saturday, July 01, 2006

He has returned!!!

Since there isn't a whole lot to blog about right now, and I am still trying to figure out the best way to put into words how I am feeling right now, I'll blog about this new movie....
THANK YOU BRYAN SINGER FOR AN EXCELLENT FILM!!!
Okay, so I'll have to admit, I was a little reluctant to go see the new movie. I have always been a fan of comic books and love it when a book becomes a movie (even though I prefer the Marvel brands over DC). With that being said I still wasn't sure if I wanted to see this movie. I mean who could fill Christopher Reeves shoes and still make it a good movie...And then they went and got a newbie actor who no one has ever heard of in Brandon Routh. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I should have known in the fact that Bryan Singer did an excellent job with the X movies, but I was amazed at how good this one was. It flowed with the past films for the most part and boy did Routh do an amazing job in the suit (he looks AND sounds just like him!)! The story was great, although there could have been a little more dialogue with Supes, and even Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor kept the movie true to its roots. I may make some people mad by saying this, but I think that Kevin has the number for the Lex Luthor character...He just plays a good villain, very convincing! I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't and keep your eyes out for some great sermon snippets that I am sure will find their way into a sermon of mine someday. So great job Bryan Singer and make sure you catch this awesome film. Although Christopher Reeve did not live to see the continuing legacy of Superman, I know he would have been proud. GREAT JOB GUYS! I can't wait for the sequel!

No comments: