Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still Here...

Sorry for the quietness lately, just seems like life has been crazy and I haven't taken the time to blog. I'll try to do better from now on. Not a whole lot is going on, but here's a quick update on life in our household...

First, I gave up TV for lent, which has been quite the adventure for me. I did this, because I found that TV had become TOO important in my life. While I do appreciate the freedom that Sunday brings to watch a little bit, if I'm being honest, I don't miss it near as much as I thought I would and I am finding time to do things I have wanted to do for awhile. While I am looking forward to Easter and being able to not worry about recording LOST, Survivor, and Heroes, as well as being able to watch AI I have realized that there is more to life than prime time.

Second, just for kicks and giggles Meg and I went to an open casting call for the Biggest Loser last weekend in Columbus. It really was a neat experience seeing how it works and getting to meet some of the previous cast members, but I don't think anything will come of it, and even if it did, you'd have to wait until next fall to see because I wouldn't tell you! So with that said, I guess the weight loss battle continues on our own. Meg is down 10 pounds, and me-well I've just plateaued and am still sitting pretty right around 360. It is getting warmer though, so I am trying to be more active outside and walking again.

Finally, we'll be heading to Pcola this weekend for the annual McGuire's 5k and I'll be speaking at Ensley Naz, so I'll have plenty of pics up next week sometime hopefully.

That's it for now!

No comments: