Wednesday, June 28, 2006

30 and counting....

Hey all, sorry I have been absent from the blogging world for a couple of weeks. It has been crazy here with family and friends visiting and getting ready for youth camp next week. I am the district camp director so the stress level has gone up considerably from last year. Life is good, ministry is tough (which is a blog for another time), and God is the best and it has been awesome to celebrate turning 30 with family and friends. It was awesome, and it all started with a visit from Phil and Lisa Huber. Phil was my college roommate and is like a brother to me. He and the family came into town for a visit after a conference in Orlando. It was great to see him and they got to experience the first of two celebrations at one of my favorite restaurants Okki Japanese Steakhouse. Below are some pics of he and his family from their visit. It was great, and the only bad thing was there was a tropical storm off the coast so we didn't get our deep sea fishing trip in. Cathin' a little fire on the grill...I love hibachi! It is always a fun experience!
Phil and Lisa enjoying their first time at a hibachi grill!
Katie, their youngest is a ham...she always has something to say and is a hoot to be around!

Lilly is a little bit more reserved and like Lisa, but I was amazed at how much she has grown and how mature she acts for her age.
After Phil and Lisa left, we hurried quickly to get the house ready for the guests that "weren't coming." My parents came as well as my sister, her husband, and their new baby. I thought I had it all figured out, but by the end of the night with all the twists and turns, they all did surprise me with a great party where several church families joined us as well. It was great and very memorable. I'll post those pics in another blog entry since evidently I can't post more than five per blog entry.

1 comment:

DAKOTARANGER said...

Happy Birthday