Here's what the latest is in my life. Our girls are growing like crazy and more grey hair comes in every day it seems. 40 isn't so bad I promise, in fact I am sort of enjoying it.
So instead of making resolutions I wouldn't keep last year I decided to focus on 1-2 things a year. Last year it was my health. Those of you that follow me on social media know that my weight has always been an issue. Last year I had reached the heaviest of my life, pushing close to 400lbs and essentially my doctor said lose the weight or die. I accepted that challenge and with the Lord's help I've lost 50lbs in a year. Here is how I did it...
- tracking is a must (use an app to track food and exercise)
- exercise is a must (even a little a few days a week)
- SCHEDULE the exercise (knowing it was on my calendar helped a lot)
- find an accountability partner (not a jerk but someone to nudge you)
- don't give up if you have a bad day-every day is a new day!
- allow some room to cheat some
All of these have helped me and I will continue this journey this year with my trainer and weight watchers, but slow and steady wins the race! I had hoped to keep my beard until I lost 100lbs but since the Buckeyes lost.....oh well!
My prayer is you will be encouraged as you begin 2017!
Blessings to you!