Monday, August 13, 2007

Desire...

God is good. He always has been to me, and although I've known it for a long time, I sometimes too easily forget. One of my life verses has always been Psalm 37:4 which states that God will grant you the desires of your heart. That verse means more to me today than it has for some time.

I have now been in ministry for 11 years. I love every minute of it. You may or may not know this, but my other major is in broadcast communications. I am so glad to be working in radio again part time. It has always been a love of mine. I was lucky enough to get into it when I was in high school and continued with it through college. However, when God called me into ministry I sensed the Lord asking if I would give up radio for Him. I was hesitant at first because it was such a love. However, I knew that I simply needed to trust God and He would take care of the rest. Who would have imagined that 11 years later I would be doing BOTH things I love, radio AND ministry. God is good! I do not know what the future holds for me, but for the time being God is granting my desire to do both.

So with all that said, if you are struggling with offering something to the Lord, know that He has your best interest in mind and He will always give you what is best if you trust Him!

Stay strong!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm so excited for you! I know you've been interested in radio for years. What will you be doing there? Also...if you guys head north some time, we'd love to see you!

Lisa said...

Wow! You know, Matt, this brings back some memories! We did at least one show together on the massive station at WIWU! There was such a huge listener base that you may not be able to handle actually having people call into your show! :-)

So, do you have a "radio name"? (you know, like The Mattster or something more original...)

Glad you are enjoying both.

Matt said...

kendra-we may be up there sooner than later depending on what this latest hurricane does...that is unless they make me stay here since I am the radio station!

lisa-yeah those were the days, but actually that experience helped me get this job since i was "promotions manager" for a year. They are actually having me just use my regular name since i am a pastor so that will get my name out as well.

It's a blast!